amazon

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Luv it when that little light bulb goes off and I can say "ahhh"

At night when I can't sleep I run through some of moms actions trying to make sense of them. A few nights ago I was trying to figure out why mom walks around whining, moaning, why she startles so easily. I know she is drawing more into herself as the dementia takes her. But, that night I came to the understanding that maybe this is her way of communicating now. Since she can't converse with me this may be her way of saying I'm sad. I don't know what to do with myself. So instead of asking whats wrong? I tried hugs. a kiss on the cheek, an arm wrapped around her shoulder for comfort. That good old pat on the back. It worked, she smiles more now. The whining is less. I am learning we don't only communicate with words. We can sit quietly with a loved one arm wrapped around the shoulder and provide great comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hits 2 you

hits 2 you

gold rush

Traffic Gold Rush